My process begins with a free consultation. I like to meet in person when possible, but can also do consultation via the next best thing, Skype or Google Hangout. Whether you’re starting from scratch with a brand new website or you need some work done on an existing site, Haunted Mesa Web Design will come up with a plan that fits your budget and timeline.
My website development process includes the following phases:
It’s important to define the goals and purpose for your project, as well as, the scope. We’ll discuss:
- Purpose: Create a website for a new business or redesign of current website?
- Site size: Number of pages, amount of content, etc.
- Technical needs: Shopping cart, image gallery, forms, etc.
- Content: What content you already have, and what needs to be created.
- Design ideas: Favorite sites as examples, branding
- Website hosting: Where will your website will ‘live’ when it is finished
Following the initial consultation, I’ll send a Services Agreement/Proposal that includes the pricing and timeline. The Agreement will be valid for 30 days from the date it is issued. A signed agreement, along with content, and 50% deposit are required before any work begins on your website.
- Create a design concept, including color, fonts and layout
- Obtain approval of design concept by the Client
- Discuss deadlines for content submission by Client
- Develop the website on a test server
- Add content and features
- Complete “tweaks” and minor changes to design, based on input from Client
- Complete a “test drive” of the new site
- Complete hosting setup (if applicable)
Launch & Support
- After final approval by the Client, the website will be launched on the hosting site
- Final 50% payment is due from the Client
- After the site is launched, the Client may submit additional tweaks within 5 business days.